We are pleased that you would like to apply for a stay abroad at one of our partner universities. Below you will find information on when and where to submit your application and which documents are required.
Please note that you can indicate up to 3 desired partner universities in your application. Please state the order in your letter of motivation for this and also write briefly why you would like to complete your semester abroad at which partner university.
We wish you much success!
➝ File name: ApplicationLetter_Name_Matrikelnummer
The file should be in English and may include:
- Your academic and personal background: Explain your educational and professional goals and how studying abroad fits into your overall plan.
- Your reasons for wanting to study abroad: Explain what specifically interests you about the program and how it will help you achieve your goals.
- Your relevant skills and experiences: Highlight any relevant skills or experiences you have that make you a strong candidate for the program, such as language proficiency, cultural awareness, or independent travel.
- Your future plans: Explain how participating in the study abroad program will help you achieve your long-term goals and how you plan to apply what you learn in the future.
- Your fit for the program: Explain why you are a good fit for the program and how you will contribute to the academic and cultural community.
➝ File name: CV_Name_Matrikelnummer
The file should be in English and include:
- Contact information: Make sure to include your name, address, phone number, and email address
- Education: List your highest degree first and work backwards. Include the name of the institution, the degree earned, and any relevant coursework or honors.
- Experience: This can include internships, part-time jobs, or volunteer work. Include the job title, company or organization, and a brief description of your responsibilities and achievements.
- Skills: Include any relevant skills or qualifications you have, such as language proficiency, computer skills, or technical expertise.
- Awards and honors: Include any academic awards, scholarships, or other recognition you have received.
Language certificates must not be older than 2 years on the day of entry into the partner institution's home country.
Your high school diploma can also be considered as proof, but you will have to find this out yourself on the "Global Partners" page. If it is eligible, the language level must be officially stated in the certificate of the university entrance qualification. If two language levels are indicated in the university entrance qualification, the lower language level will be recognized.
School achievements will be recognized as proof of e.g. level B1 if you can prove continuous ascending English lessons over a period of at least 6 years. For example, you prove the B1 level with a comparable certificate. When checking comparability, we refer to the following compilation: www.europaeischer-referenzrahmen.de
➝ German file name: Empfehlungsschreiben_Name_Matrikelnummer
➝ English file name: LoR_Name_Matrikelnummer
The file can be in English or in German.
We kindly ask you to point out to the person supplying your reference information about the following relevant content in the letter of recommendation:
- Voluntary commitment
- Social and intercultural competence as well as sense of responsibility
- Academic and/or professional development potential
- Willingness and ability to represent the faculty and university well abroad
Note: The letter of recommendation can be written by an academic officer (e.g. professor, lecturer) as well as by a person who holds an executive position in a company or association or in public administration.
Register and submit your documents in the current Exchange Program Application Data Base in the Moodle area TIW Info
- Upload all your documents in the same Moodle area that you originally applied in, so that all your documents are in one place
Note: You have to APPLY FULLY at the Faculty W via Moodle (TWI Info) to complete your application.
Only applications that are received on time and are completed via the Moodle course can be considered for selection. For queries, you can reach us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are first formally checked for completeness by Team IW. Incomplete applications or applications not received by the deadline will result in exclusion from the selection process.
The applications are reviewed and evaluated by the selection committee abroad. The selection is made on the basis of the application documents submitted and depending on the availability of exchange places for the period concerned.The following selection criteria will be used as the basis for evaluation:
- academic and personal motivation for the study abroad (letter of motivation)
- academic performance
- language skills
- letters of recommendation
- Special commitment, internships, activities etc.
You will be informed about the result of your application usually within 10 days by e-mail. If you have received a place and do not wish to maintain your application, you must notify us within a period of four days by e-mail to email@example.com. After expiry of this period, withdrawal is only possible in justified exceptional cases.
Those who receive an exchange study place will be nominated directly by the faculty or via its administrative partner in good time before the stay abroad at the future host university.
You will be contacted by our adminstrative partners (HMA/IO for EU, mdhk for MX, CDHAW for CN) or directly by our partner institution abroad after they have received your nomination from us. Once you are nominated the International Office unlocks further to-do's in Mobility Online for you to complete.
Our partner institutions will contact you after you have been officially nominated by Team IW.
Please refer to the deadlines shown in the data overviews for each partner in our list of Global Partners.
|Dec 1st||Application Deadline for Fall Term - CSU only|
|Dec 31st||Application Deadline for Fall Term - All other partners|
|May 31st||Application Deadline for Spring Term - All partners|