Our graduates will be well prepared for management tasks mainly in international and global industrial enterprises and be able to make ethically justifiable decisions of an operational and strategic nature, taking into account various national conditions and different cultural backrounds, as well as to plan and implement appropriate measures in accordance with technical, operational and social consequences.
The study program qualifies in addition for a postgraduate degree (Master's degree and subsequent doctorate).
The following competences are established and developed:
- Professional and methodological competences: Ability to recognize complex tasks from technical and economic contexts, to comprehend them completely and to solve them competently and efficiently.
- International Management Competences: Ability to plan, implement and manage technical tasks effectively, taking into account various national framework conditions. Basic objectives are fundamental knowledge of specific framework conditions in international business and their approach on selected subject areas.
- Social and intercultural skills: ability to interact with people effectively and appropriately, even if they have a different cultural background, as an important prerequisite for solving professional tasks. Important elements are multilingual communication skills, teamwork, presentation and moderation skills as well as conflict management ability and intercultural competence.
- Foreign language competences: ability to interact with people in a language other than German and to be able to intervene appropriately. For this purpose, profound knowledge and skills of the English language, prerequisites for admission to this study program, should be acquired and knowledge of further foreign languages freely chosen should be acquired or existing knowledge should be improved.
- Scientific competencies: Basic skills for independent scientific work, especially with regard to the acquisition and evaluation of literature, the preparation of scientific texts and the critical handling of primary and secondary sources.